Intern - Sustainability System Data Scientist
Within our biofuel desk it is crucial to assure sustainability for all physical product that is traded/handled. The origin of the feedstock, GHG-emissions and full traceability allow to provide “Proofs of Sustainability” (PoS) under the widely-used voluntary scheme ISCC. The operations team handle this sustainability management on a daily basis, but a robust system needs to be developed which provided increased efficiency and better controls.
On a similar basis we have a biodiesel production facility system that would implement the same system. This will streamline the communication and data transfer with the trading desk.
The project activities will include:
- Understanding the full sustainability requirements for the purpose of the biofuel desk, but also legislation in several countries to comply with local requirements
- Aggregation of all data received and analyzing the values for clear reporting
- Presentation of availability of PoS’s within a mass balance system and identifying best valuation
- Creating optionality tools to support trading activity
Learning and experience opportunities:
As part of the operations team, you will get a thorough understanding of the physical flows of biodiesel globally and an insight of a trading desk.
- A University Degree in a relevant discipline – Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in an OO language (C#, Java, C++ or similar) and a numerical computation language (R, Matlab, Python)
- Communicative personality, dynamic approach to create best value in a fast-changing environment
- Entrepreneurial behavior, creative and flexible, out-of-the-box thinker with good appetite for challenges
- Process improvement mindset
- Interest in commodity and energy markets
Excellent English skills are requiredApply now