The Finance Group within Mercuria covers the raising and management of over $20bn of financing lines from the market. They manage the financing at a transactional level and associated risks including FX, credit, liquidity. Finally, they are responsible for all internal and external financial reporting. To support the Group in these endeavors we are looking for a strong graduate to work on some of the following:
- Develop a bank reporting module;
- Develop the systems and tools for the various teams across Finance;
- Develop modules for the allocation of financing costs to the trading desks;
- Enhance existing cash forecasting models;
- Enhance the controlling team’s reporting and automation that facilitates the economic versus accounting views of the trading business.
- Ability to source, manipulate, analyze and integrate large volumes of complex data.
- Good knowledge of financial markets, financial products (especially future/forwards, swaps), asset classes (especially interest rates and exchange rates, commodities would be a plus), pricing techniques (MC, BSM, etc.) and risk metrics (especially for market risk).
- Understanding of the fundamentals of balance sheets, PnL statements and cash flow;
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite, and in particular MS Excel (VBA would be a plus).
- Coding experience preferred with one or more among: MATLAB, R, Visual Basic, Python, C, C#, C++. C#.
- Interest in gaining knowledge of the commodity market and related risks.
- Structured, independent and result-driven mindset.
- Ability to work independently and proactively in solving challenges and improvements to work processes.
- Capability of merging hard skills (financial/coding/numerical) with effective communication, planning, execution and target assessment with relevant stakeholders.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Excellent English skills are required.
- Enrollment into a Master’s Degree in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Data Science is required.
- A quantitative Undergraduate background is a plus.
- Language skills desirable.
- Senior Credit Analyst 06.05.2021
- Structured Trade Finance Manager 06.05.2021
- Middle Distillates Operator 06.05.2021
- Intern – Fuel Oil and Bunker Operations 30.04.2021
- LPG Operator 29.04.2021
- Middle Officer 29.04.2021
- Senior Contracts Operator 29.04.2021
- Internal Audit Data Science Intern 12.10.2021
- Energy Transition Analyst - Intern 11.10.2021
- Automation and Digitalization Intern 08.10.2021
- Data scientist - Controlling Intern 05.10.2021
- Carbon Intern 24.09.2021
- Finance Graduate 21.09.2021
- Middle Officer 13.09.2021
- Quantitative Strategist Intern 06.09.2021