Mercuria Named New Silk Road CEO of the Year for Energy Trading
An international consortium brought together by Gulf Intelligence awarded Mercuria Energy and Mercuria CEO Marco Dunand the prestigious “New Silk Road CEO of the Year for Energy Trading.”
“I am very proud of the team at Mercuria. Due to their perseverance and ingenuity over the past 14 years, we fulfilled a vision to create a global energy group. This has allowed Mercuria to establish itself as a reliable and trusted partner in the world’s marketplace, while spanning the energy and commodities value chain, and breaking down energy silos,” said Dunand.
Brought together by Gulf Intelligence, the committee recognized Mercuria and its CEO:
First, for its Impact on the energy sector. Mercuria has created efficiencies in the market with the group’s pioneering and industry-leading approaches.
Second, for Innovative and creative thinking. This a testament to Mercuria’s adaptive business model that anticipates and responds to market trends.
Third, for Leadership and partnership. Partnerships are a strong component of the business model. Mercuria has shown this in a myriad of ways by partnering with market particpants across the entire supply chain.
Fourth, for its Long-term vision. In a span of 14 years, the group has successfully grown from a small team of 11 people in Geneva to a leading, globally-integrated energy and commodities group with $104 billion in turnover.
More than 100 industry professionals voted on the distinction. The award selection committee was comprised of many of the most influential leaders in the industry, including Ibrahim Al-Buainain, President & CEO, Saudi Aramco Trading Company; Eelco Hoekstra, Chairman of the Executive Board & Global Chief Executive Officer, Royal Vopak; Victor Gao, Chairman, China Energy Institute; Chris Bake, Member of the Executive Committee, Vitol; Martin Fraenkel, President, S&P Global Platts; Abd Malik Jaffar, Regional Director, Petronas Subsidiaries Middle East; and Capt. Mousa Murad, Managing Director, Port of Fujairah.
“Mercuria is a team enterprise and this recognition is a testament to the work and ingenuity of the entire company. It is an honor for this work to be recognized by our competitors, partners, and colleagues,” said Dunand.
His Highness Sheikh Saleh bin Mohammed Bin Hamad Al Sharqi, Chairman of the Department of Industry and Economy, Fujairah, presented the award to Dunand at a gala ceremony ahead of the Eighth Energy Markets Forum in Fujairah.
Other recipients this year of the “CEO of the Year” included Andrew Tan, CEO of Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore for the category of Ports; Abdulaziz M. Al-Judaimi, SVP of Downstream at Saudi Aramco for the category of Refining; and Yusr Sultan Al Junaidy, Managing Director of Horizons Terminals at ENOC Group, for the category of Storage.
“This recognition is just a step in our successful development,”concluded Dunand. “Now the really hard work continues as we work to grow our leadership on global stage, expand our positive impact on the energy sector, build our partnerships, and continue to fulfill our long-term vision.”
- Mercuria Donates Funds and Supplies for Local Houston Back to School Drive29.08.2019
- Mercuria Energy Participates in Houston Veterans Job Fair08.08.2019
- Mercuria Joins U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump in Workforce Development Pledge13.06.2019
- Mercuria Named New Silk Road CEO of the Year for Energy Trading 25.09.2018
- Mercuria Brings American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions04.06.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of Grassroots Soccer23.05.2018
- Mercuria Employees Support Local Students17.05.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010