Mercuria Joins U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump in Workforce Development Pledge
WASHINGTON, DC -- At the SelectUSA Summit, Mercuria Energy joined U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump to sign the Pledge to America’s Workers. The pledge joined 66 international companies from 12 different markets around the world to commit nearly 1 million opportunities in workforce development. The Pledge is a commitment to expand programs that educate, train, and reskill workers from high school to near retirement.
Secretary Ross and Ivanka Trump are co-chairs of the National Council for the American Worker and the American Workforce Policy Advisory Board which seeks to bring more Americans off the sidelines and into the workforce by improving jobs data transparency, skills-based hiring and training, advancing opportunities for lifelong learning, and promoting multiple pathways to family-sustaining careers.
The annual Investment Summit was held June 10-12. Participants from the previous five Summits have announced more than $103.6 billion in greenfield investment projects in the United States within five years of attending. These projects directly support more than 167,000 U.S. jobs.
In 2017, President Donald J. Trump recognized graduates from Mercuria’s apprenticeship program at the White House. Mercuria targeted plans to combat the skills gap in America's labor force. Mercuria's apprenticeship program specifically builds competencies for prospective professionals in the highly competitive energy and commodities trading sectors.
After its purchase of the commodities businesses of J.P. Morgan Chase and Co, Mercuria found a lack of training programs in the United States to bring many people, including college graduates and veterans, into the high-wage profession of commodities trading. Mercuria worked extensively with authorities in the United States and Switzerland to create an apprenticeship program in the United States, which was modeled on its historic Swiss concept. More than 30 Swiss companies are now involved in bringing and expanding their model of apprenticeship to their U.S. facilities. Mercuria is a proud partner of the program.
- Mercuria Recognized by Swiss Embassy for its Apprenticeship Program for Veterans15.11.2019
- Mercuria Donates Funds and Supplies for Local Houston Back to School Drive29.08.2019
- Mercuria Energy Participates in Houston Veterans Job Fair08.08.2019
- Mercuria Joins U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump in Workforce Development Pledge13.06.2019
- Mercuria Named New Silk Road CEO of the Year for Energy Trading 25.09.2018
- Mercuria Brings American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions04.06.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of Grassroots Soccer23.05.2018
- Mercuria Employees Support Local Students17.05.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010