Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival
BEIJING, Oct. 18, 2015 / In its 9th year of sponsorship, Mercuria, one of the world's largest privately held integrated energy and commodities groups, celebrated the Beijing Music Festival at the annual Mercuria Night. The group has a legacy relationship with the prominent music festival held in China's capital and is one of the long-standing sponsors of the event. Hundreds of Mercuria counterparties joined for the festivities.
This year's Mercuria Night focused on the music of German composer Johannes Brahms with a performance by the WDR Symphony Orchestra (Westdeutscher Rundfunkorchester formerly the Cologne Radio Symphony Orchestra). Violinist Frank Peter Zimmermann was welcomed by conductor Jukka-Pekka Saraste. The orchestra performed Violin Concerto in D Major Op. 77 and Symphony No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 98.
"Mercuria sponsors the Beijing Music Festival because talent, history and the celebration of the cultures where we operate are core to our business model," said Han Jin, a co-founder of Mercuria and president of Mercuria Asia. "Just like Mercuria, the music festival has a strong and deep connection to China and Chinese skills, but also celebrates expertise and history from around the world."
Mercuria Night was held in the historic Zhong Shan Park, located to the west of Tian'AnMen in the heart of the Forbidden City. Mercuria Night events were held amongst a large pond, peonies rock gardens, pavilions and the Forbidden City moat.
Almost since the inception of Mercuria, the company has sponsored the month-long event, one of the most prominent music festivals in China. The festival focuses on music education and accessibility to the public. Each festival features free concerts for young people and children. The festival holds Master Classes each year in the Central Conservatory. More than 6,000 people have had instruction from well-known Chinese and foreign artists such as Issac Stern, Fou Ts'ong, Mo Hualun, Melvyn Tan, Lo King-man, Liao Naixiong, and the Kodaly Quartet.
Since Mercuria began sponsoring the month-long event, artists participating have included the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra playing the songs of John Lennon, violin master Pinchas Zuckerman with the China Philharmonic Orchestra, an opera gala by Deutsche Opera Berlin, and cellists Mischa Maisky and Lily Maisky's Russian Romances.
- Mercuria Donates Funds and Supplies for Local Houston Back to School Drive29.08.2019
- Mercuria Energy Participates in Houston Veterans Job Fair08.08.2019
- Mercuria Joins U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump in Workforce Development Pledge13.06.2019
- Mercuria Named New Silk Road CEO of the Year for Energy Trading 25.09.2018
- Mercuria Brings American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions04.06.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of Grassroots Soccer23.05.2018
- Mercuria Employees Support Local Students17.05.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010