Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn
Mercuria and its employees are proud to support the efforts of buildOn, an organisation focused on building a better future for America’s youth while building schools in some of the world’s poorest countries.
buildOn is a US-based nonprofit dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty, illiteracy, and low expectations through service and education.
In 2016, Mercuria, led by employee Andrea Valerio, successfully built one full school in Arniquet, in the South West of Haiti, which hosts 140 children in 3 classrooms, and also provides afternoon and night literacy courses to local adults.
Andrea has been working with buildOn as a volunteer for 9 years, and in 2015 and 2016 he physically travelled to Haiti to build elementary schools with the organisation. He raised over 550,000 USD since 2009 via personal contributions and outside donors.
In January 2018, Andrea will return to install the foundation of a new elementary school in a remote village in the South West of Haiti. He will be joined by two Mercuria colleagues, Stella Misomali and Chloe Cromarty. Andrea’s donation page is here, in case you wish to take a look: http://bit.ly/2nS6UwD
The three aim to raise more than $100,000 in 2017, to help support the 2018 project in Haiti but also wherever buildOn has the most pressing needs, including Nicaragua, Mali, Malawi, Burkina Faso, Senegal, and Nepal.
Mercuria supports a wide range of charitable social programmes and events. In particular, Mercuria’s focus is on projects that help children and contribute to building a better future for communities.
- Mercuria Donates Funds and Supplies for Local Houston Back to School Drive29.08.2019
- Mercuria Energy Participates in Houston Veterans Job Fair08.08.2019
- Mercuria Joins U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump in Workforce Development Pledge13.06.2019
- Mercuria Named New Silk Road CEO of the Year for Energy Trading 25.09.2018
- Mercuria Brings American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions04.06.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of Grassroots Soccer23.05.2018
- Mercuria Employees Support Local Students17.05.2018
- Mercuria and Employees Support Efforts of buildOn12.12.2017
- Mercuria on the Swiss Responsible Business Initiative counter-proposal23.11.2017
- Graduates from Mercuria's Apprenticeship Program Join President Trump to Announce Workforce Development Initiative16.06.2017
- Mercuria Brings First American Apprentices into Full-Time Positions01.06.2017
- Mercuria Energy Marks 10 Years of Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival 04.11.2016
- Mercuria Signs Agreement with U.S. Department of Labor to Formalize American Apprenticeship Program20.06.2016
- Governor Abbott Announces Texas Apprenticeship Program01.02.2016
- Mercuria Energy Celebrates 2015 Beijing International Music Festival19.10.2015
- Mercuria to Bring Swiss-Style Apprenticeships to the United States28.07.2015
- Mercuria Wins Commodity Deal of the Year 2014 for JP Morgan Physical Commodities Acquisition09.12.2014
- Mercuria brings its support to fight Ebola in Senegal28.10.2014
- Mercuria Marks 8th Year Sponsoring Beijing International Music Festival10.10.2014
- Executives meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang23.09.2014
- IUCN workshop in Botswana: Focus on Biodiversity01.03.2012
- "Legacy of China" on China Central TV Channel 408.02.2012
- Dams and Grosjean Finish The Season On a High Note With a Tenth Podium!12.09.2011
- Roman Grosjean Champion with Dams!27.08.2011
- Dams and Romain Grosjean Start the Holiday Break on a High Note!02.08.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Make The Break!25.07.2011
- Romain Grosjean and Dams Dominate!20.07.2011
- GP2 Main Series 2011 - Valencia, Race 227.06.2011
- Fantastic Fight Back by Romain Grosjean and Dams28.05.2011
- Dams and Grosjean finish the season on a high note with a tenth podium!20.03.2011
- Gala Dinner in Beijing Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations Between China and Switzerland14.08.2010